Ayman Amin Sejiny
Chief Executive Officer
Islamic Corporation for the Development of the Private Sector (ICD), Saudi Arabia
Mr. Ayman Amin Sejiny is the Chief Executive Officer of ICD (Islamic Corporation for the Development of the Private Sector) where he serves 54-member countries. ICD overlook 45 Banks and advise total of 70 Financial Institutions. Mr Ayman Sejiny has over 26 years of corporate and investment banking experience, having worked with leading international institutions such as Barclays, CITI Bank and ABN Amro. Prior to joining ICD Mr. Sejiny Board Member and Chief Executive Officer of Barclays Capital Saudi Arabia, CEO in BAK and Ibdar. During his five year tenure Mr. Sejiny was responsible for managing Barclay’s three business sectors consisting of BarclaysCapital, Barclays Wealth and Barclays Sales and Treasury.
Mr. Sejiny, is a board member in several entities, such as:
- Board Member in International Islamic Liquidity Management Corporation along with nine Shareholders which includes Central Banks of (Malaysia, Indonesia, Turkey, Qatar, Kuwait, Emirates, Nigeria, Mauritius & Luxemburg). IILM aims to enhance cross-border investment flows, international linkages and financial stability by creating more liquid Shari’ah-compliant financial markets for institutions offering Islamic financial services.
- Board Member in Wadi Makkah Company in Saudi. Mainly targeting startups in Science and Technology.
- Chairman of Maalem Finance Company in Saudi. SAMA regulated for SME lending
- Chairman of the Board in Open Silicone, Inc. (“OSI”) was established on 29 April 2003 in Delaware, USA, as a fabless semiconductor design and manufacturing company, by founders of Intel Microelectronics, a subsidiary of Intel.
- Board Member in Al-Tajamouat for Touristic Projects Plc. Co-owned by Bank Alkhair, Taj Mall is the premier, upscale shopping and entertainment complex in Amman, Jordan.
- Chairman of the Board in Bahrain Financing Company Group Holdings: Established in 1917, BFC Group is one of the leading foreign exchange and remittance houses headquartered in Bahrain, with an international presence in 6 countries and agent locations in 35 countries.
- Chairman of the Board in Al-Khair Capital Menkul in Turkey and Vice Chairman in Al-Khair Portfoy Yonetimi A.S., Alkhair Capital Turkey was established in 2007, following the Banks acquisition of the Turkish Brokerage Company and asset Management Company, Inter Yatirim Menkul Değerler A.Ş. and Inter Portföy Yönetimi A.Ş. respectively. Alkhair Capital
Turkey‘s main lines of business are: Asset Management, Real Estate & Private Equity, Brokerage and Research. As a vast and significantly under-served Islamic finance market with enormous growth potential, Turkey is a key market for the Bank and an important component of the Banks growing international capabilities.
- Board Member in Al-Khair International Islamic Bank In Malaysia, Established in 2007, Alkhair International Islamic Bank Berhad (Alkhair Malaysia) is the first foreign Islamic Bank in Malaysia licensed to conduct a full range of non-Malaysian Ringgit banking activities under the Malaysia International Islamic Financial Centre (MIFC) initiative.
- Mr. Sejiny has a BA in Finance from Eastern Michigan University, United States. Fluent in Arabic, English and German.