“An effective apex private sector organization, providing a focal point for the articulation of private sector led approaches to Tanzania’s economic and social development”.
“To be the leading voice for the promotion of vibrant, innovative and a competitive private sector in Tanzania ”.
The following traits or qualities represent TPSF’s highest priorities and deeply-held driving forces. They guide every decision that TPSF make and impact every aspect of the Foundation. They are the core values that set TPSF apart from other private sector organisations in Tanzania. These are:
- Commitment to best practice
- Value addition
- Unity in diversity
- Impeccable integrity
- Fair competition
- Service before self
- Commitment to lifelong learning
In order to attain and meet the expectations and prospects of its members and stakeholders, TPSF has developed six strategic objectives that guide is business activities. These are:
- To improve organisational and institutional capacity of TPSF and its members
- To facilitate communication, networking and flow of business information among member
- To raise the profile and image of TPSF
- To maximise the impact and voice of the Private Sector to lobby and advocate for issues pertinent to the Sector’s growth
- To facilitate the growth of private sector business through enhancing enterprise competitiveness
- To leverage the financial resources for sustainability of TPSF.
TPSF Work Programmes
The Foundation’s core activitis are organised into five work programmes. These are structures and continuously being improved to enable the TPSF to deliver the six strategic objectives mentioned above. These work programmes are:
- Policy impact programmes:- Seeks to raise issues, participate in and influence Government policy formulation and implementation in favour of the Private Sector.
- Member services:- Aims to assist TPSF members in building their institutional capacities in order to enhance their ability to provide technical support to their members
- Outreach and membership development:- Aims at reaching out to support members with a range of standardised and customised private sector development services.
NEW DELHI—India’s government on Monday eased foreign-direct investment restrictions in several sectors to increase inflows, a move that also could pave the way for Apple Inc. to open its own stores in one of its main growth markets.
A surge in cross-border mergers and acquisitions boosted global foreign direct investment flows around the world last year to $1.76 trillion, the most since the 2008-2009 financial crisis, the United Nations said in a study.
The ‘Foreign Direct Investment in Latin America and the Caribbean’ 2015 report published by Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC) showed that Mexico recorded inflows of US$ 22.795 billion in 2014. Brazil continues to be the largest recipient of FDI in the region, though inflows US$ 62.495 billion, while Chile remains the … Continue reading Organisers of Annual Investment Meeting 2016 call for building investment bridges between Middle East and South America
The role of foreign direct investment into the continent remains significant: on average the government budgets of African countries currently depend on corporates domiciled in other countries for 14% of their funding.
Africa is now positioning itself as a major business opportunity for investors, according to ICAEW’s latest Economic Insight report.
China’s outbound direct investment (ODI )is expected to surpass $1 trillion for the first time in 2015, as slowing economic growth and rising internationalisation of Chinese business see more local companies investing overseas.
When the PM travels to the US this week to woo businesses there, one of the key facts that the government will be tomtoming about is the surge in foreign direct investment since Narendra Modi took over and how his personal touch has helped.
Foreign direct investment (FDI) in Turkey reached $3.39 billion in July, according to a report from the Ministry of Economy on Sept. 30.
The total volume of foreign investments in the UAE, at present a regional base for over 500 international companies, exceeded $100 billion in the past 10 years, Minister of Economy Sultan bin Saeed Al Mansouri said on Wednesday.
NEW DELHI: India has emerged on top of the foreign direct investment league table, overtaking China and the United States, according to the FT data service.