Senior Associate at ICA; Managing Partner of Koios Associates LLC
- Columbia University New York, MBA in Finance and International Business Reed College, Portland OR, USA, BA Anthropology
Languages: English (native), French (fluent), Russian & Spanish (basic)
- Charles is founder and Managing Partner of Koios Associates, a consulting firm specialized in investment and trade and economic zone development for public and private sector clients in emerging and frontier economies worldwide
- Over 20 years of experience in investment climate reform, investment and trade policy and promotion, strategy consulting, and financial advisory
- 5+ years as World Bank Consultant, advising governments and public agencies on policies and strategies – including fiscal and non-fiscal incentives – to attract inward FDI
- Former Head of Africa Consulting Services, Standard Bank of South Africa
- Over 10 years of residency and work experience in Southern Africa, including Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Zambia, Swaziland, Madagascar, Seychelles, and Mozambique
Proven Track Record
- Led restructuring initiatives in the Namibia Ministry of Works and Transportation, preparing plans and assisting in implementation of the commercialization and spin-off/outsourcing of the Government Garage, the Government Printer, and cleaning and maintenance services
- Senior Consultant on a World Bank/IFC tax policy review of Namibia, focusing on marginal effective tax rates and incentives in mining, manufacturing, agriculture, financial services, tourism, and small business sectors. Carried out similar assessments in South Africa, Mozambique, Madagascar, and several other African countries
- Member of inter-ministerial commission to establish investment incentives policy for Botswana; subsequently established and directed Botswana investment promotion office in Hong Kong
- Prepared an investment incentives policy for the Cape Town municipality
- Have assisted investment and trade promotion agencies in more than 20 countries on investor targeting strategies, communication, investment facilitation, organizational assessment and restructuring, and capacity development
- Investment and Trade Advisor to the COMESA Secretariat, helping develop a harmonized investment code. Also provided advice on regional trade integration to the SADC Secretariat
- Extensive experience as adviser to corporate clients on market assessment, market entry, direct investment, and sourcing strategies in Africa and other regions
- Industry expertise: agribusiness, mining, financial services, ICT, media
NEW DELHI—India’s government on Monday eased foreign-direct investment restrictions in several sectors to increase inflows, a move that also could pave the way for Apple Inc. to open its own stores in one of its main growth markets.
A surge in cross-border mergers and acquisitions boosted global foreign direct investment flows around the world last year to $1.76 trillion, the most since the 2008-2009 financial crisis, the United Nations said in a study.
The ‘Foreign Direct Investment in Latin America and the Caribbean’ 2015 report published by Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC) showed that Mexico recorded inflows of US$ 22.795 billion in 2014. Brazil continues to be the largest recipient of FDI in the region, though inflows US$ 62.495 billion, while Chile remains the … Continue reading Organisers of Annual Investment Meeting 2016 call for building investment bridges between Middle East and South America
The role of foreign direct investment into the continent remains significant: on average the government budgets of African countries currently depend on corporates domiciled in other countries for 14% of their funding.
Africa is now positioning itself as a major business opportunity for investors, according to ICAEW’s latest Economic Insight report.
China’s outbound direct investment (ODI )is expected to surpass $1 trillion for the first time in 2015, as slowing economic growth and rising internationalisation of Chinese business see more local companies investing overseas.
When the PM travels to the US this week to woo businesses there, one of the key facts that the government will be tomtoming about is the surge in foreign direct investment since Narendra Modi took over and how his personal touch has helped.
Foreign direct investment (FDI) in Turkey reached $3.39 billion in July, according to a report from the Ministry of Economy on Sept. 30.
The total volume of foreign investments in the UAE, at present a regional base for over 500 international companies, exceeded $100 billion in the past 10 years, Minister of Economy Sultan bin Saeed Al Mansouri said on Wednesday.
NEW DELHI: India has emerged on top of the foreign direct investment league table, overtaking China and the United States, according to the FT data service.