South Africa Department of Trade & Industry
Trade and Investment South Africa
Trade and Investment South Africa (TISA) aims to increase export capacity and support direct investment flows via the implementation of strategies directed at targeted markets, and effectively manage the dti’s network of foreign trade offices.
• Increase the quality and quantum of foreign and domestic direct investment;
• Undertake effective investment recruitment campaigns;
• Provide an efficient facilitation and information service in order to retain and expand investment into South Africa and Africa, thereby serving as a one-stop shop initiative;
• Develop new and existing South African exporters’ capabilities, in order to grow exports globally;
• Provide appropriate information, financial support and practical assistance to sustain organic growth in traditional markets and penetrate new high growth markets; and
• Effectively manage and administer the dti’s Foreign Office network.
TISA comprises four business units, namely:
• Investment Promotion and Facilitation;
• Export Promotion;
• Export Development; and
• Foreign Service Management.
NEW DELHI—India’s government on Monday eased foreign-direct investment restrictions in several sectors to increase inflows, a move that also could pave the way for Apple Inc. to open its own stores in one of its main growth markets.
A surge in cross-border mergers and acquisitions boosted global foreign direct investment flows around the world last year to $1.76 trillion, the most since the 2008-2009 financial crisis, the United Nations said in a study.
The ‘Foreign Direct Investment in Latin America and the Caribbean’ 2015 report published by Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC) showed that Mexico recorded inflows of US$ 22.795 billion in 2014. Brazil continues to be the largest recipient of FDI in the region, though inflows US$ 62.495 billion, while Chile remains the … Continue reading Organisers of Annual Investment Meeting 2016 call for building investment bridges between Middle East and South America
The role of foreign direct investment into the continent remains significant: on average the government budgets of African countries currently depend on corporates domiciled in other countries for 14% of their funding.
Africa is now positioning itself as a major business opportunity for investors, according to ICAEW’s latest Economic Insight report.
China’s outbound direct investment (ODI )is expected to surpass $1 trillion for the first time in 2015, as slowing economic growth and rising internationalisation of Chinese business see more local companies investing overseas.
When the PM travels to the US this week to woo businesses there, one of the key facts that the government will be tomtoming about is the surge in foreign direct investment since Narendra Modi took over and how his personal touch has helped.
Foreign direct investment (FDI) in Turkey reached $3.39 billion in July, according to a report from the Ministry of Economy on Sept. 30.
The total volume of foreign investments in the UAE, at present a regional base for over 500 international companies, exceeded $100 billion in the past 10 years, Minister of Economy Sultan bin Saeed Al Mansouri said on Wednesday.
NEW DELHI: India has emerged on top of the foreign direct investment league table, overtaking China and the United States, according to the FT data service.