In a special ceremony to be held at the Gala Dinner, AIM Investment Awards will be granted to select Investment Promotion Agencies (IPA) from each region of the world in recognition of their outstanding work in successfully attracting sizeable and beneficial foreign direct investment projects in 2018 and thus contributing to the economic growth and development of their markets. The Annual Investment Meeting will be awarding IPAs from 9 regions globally.
The sixth of AIM Investment Awards in 2018 took center stage at the Gala Dinner where the best FDI projects were recognized from each region of the world. This is a testimony to the outstanding work accomplished by the winning countries and their respective Investment Promotion Agencies in attracting sizeable and beneficial foreign direct investment and thus contributing to the economic growth and development of their markets.
The set of criteria of the awards were based on the following:
- • Investment Size
- • Trade Balance Effects
- • Knowledge Transfer
- • Investor Servicing Process
- • Sustainability and Local Linkages
- • Impact on Country Competitiveness & FDI attraction
The following describes the approach and methodology.
The research for identifying the nominees and their projects will be based on (1) compilation of all investment projects as suggested by IPAs though the submission of project details and (2) an approach of pre-selected IPAs in order to check their ability to attend the AIM.
A. Compilation of investment projects:
First step is gathering information on the most interesting worldwide investment projects contracted/commissioned during 2017 in order to identify the most relevant IPAs to be considered as nominees. An invitation letter to the general management of all relevant IPAs will be made to 1) Introduce the AIM nomination process and 2) request information on their best contracted/commissioned investment projects in the year 2017. There will be extensive use of AIM network of regional partners worldwide in order to get their local assessment and recommendations for exemplary projects to be considered for the awards. An intensive follow-up will be required to make sure that timely feedback is received.
A first screening of the investment projects will be made based on the information received and a Pre-Selection of the most relevant IPAs. A database will be completed and prepared to serve as a basis for approaching the relevant IPAs "Hot Candidates" in growing markets and follow-up with them.
B. Selection Criteria
To evaluate the short-listed projects a panel of up to 9 international experts should be formed, possibly with 1 expert for each of the 9 growing regions of the world. Experts will be asked to evaluate each of the short-listed projects using the below criteria and the evaluation based on the weighing percentage per criteria, recommend the overall best investment project.
|Investment Size||(scroring weightage 10%)|
|Trade Balance Effects||(scroring weightage 10%)|
|Knowledge Transfer||(scoring weightage 20%)|
|Investor Servicing Process||(scoring weightage 20%)|
|Sustainability and Local Linkages||(scoring weightage 20%)|
|Impact On Country Competitiveness & FDI Attraction||(scoring weightage 20%)|
C. Selection Committee
- • Bostjan Skalar, CEO, WAIPA, Turkey
- • Douglas van den Berghe, CEO, ICA, Netherlands
- • Andreas Dressler, Managing Director, Location Decisions, Germany
- • Kai Hammerich, Former President and Director General Invest in Sweden Agency (ISA)
- • Tor Svensson, Chairman, Capital Finance International (CFI.co), United kingdom
- • Mario Cimoli, Deputy Executive Secretary, United Nations’ Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC)
D. Applying Steps:
- • The IPA should fill the submission forms Online , Login details would be sent by email individually
- • General e-mail for inquiries and submission: email@example.com , or contact Mrs. Kaosar Nazia, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , Mobile: + 971-56-403-4057
- • The registration will start 8th of January and will end on 26th February 2018.
- • Short Listed Winners will be informed by 25th of March 2018.
E. Project Reports
The responses received from IPAs will be analyzed according to the evaluation criteria. The final project profiles will be submitted to the Award Selection Committee for their judgement. The profiles should also include indications on the potential attendance at AIM 2018.
3 winners from each region or continent will be selected:
- 1. Winner
- 2. Runner-Up
- 3. Backup in case the winner or runner up cannot attend.
In a ceremony during the Gala Dinner on 9th April 2018, AIM will provide investment awards to the best FDI projects in 2017 to recognize the accomplishment of the country in attracting a sizeable and beneficial foreign direct investment project.
IV. Benefits to the winning IPAs:
The winning IPAs can have the following benefits:
- • The Winner IPA will be honored during the official Gala Dinner by the UAE Minister of Economy.
- • Comprehensive Promotion and Marketing for the Winner IPA through AIM Social Media.
- • 1 Free Advertisement in AIM 2018 Exhibition Catalogue.
- • Coverage in AIM 2018 Post Show Report.
- • Waiver of the Registration Fees (1650 $ per person) for the Head of the Organization or his Representative.
- • Free Access to all AIM Features: Conference, Exhibition, Training Workshop and Gala dinner.
- • The Annual Investment Meeting will make the necessary steps for the granting of Visas for all the Country Delegation attending AIM.